Tuesday 28 December 2010

An Iced Bun for Christmas

...
For the last week I've known a secret, but had no way to prove it.

I did photograph this
...and this
...but that's hardly enough for a blog post. :-\

Then, on Christmas day, I finally had the lucky break I'd been hoping for. :-) After days of paw print doodles and the odd flash of fur I finally had proof...

that the rabbits are still in the garden!
Yep, there at the base of the middle tree is a rabbit, busy eating the peanuts and bread we put out for the wild birds.
After a while it moved on from noshing peanuts to nibbling the leaves off the big bush to the left of the bird feed tree. You can just make it out as a grey-brown lump below the bush, kind of left-ish. After that it disappeared into the bush and I had to go cook a turkey.
We have never had rabbits in the garden over winter before! I'm pretty certain it must be one of our regular semi-tame Summer buns as it wasn't in the least nervous or timid. I have no idea if it is Flopsy or Cottontail... or even our original Bunny Boy, so I'll just call it our "Iced Bun" of Christmas. ;-)..


5 comments:

  1. How cool that there is still one around out there. I think he (or she) has claimed you as his own. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit/Hare's Wisdom Includes:

    * Guile
    * Paradox and contradiction
    * Living by one’s own wits
    * Receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages
    * Quick-thinking
    * Humility
    * Moving through fear
    * Strengthening intuition



    "Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
    Saint Francis of Assisi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little mites. I hope they have somewhere warm to bunk down. Love the snowy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWW LOVE all the pics!!! :-D I LOVE bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy
    I like that idea. :-)

    Hi Deb
    Thank you for the quote and rabbit medicine. I love both. :-)

    Tint
    Rabbits are actually pretty smart little guys. They'll have warm homes, you can count on that!

    Hi Amel
    Me too. :-))

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)